Monday, January 07, 2008

I Have Been Remiss

Sorry about the lack of reading material. It has been C-R-A-Z-Y! We spent the Christmas holiday running from family party to family party. Lots of fun with 4 kiddos! They actually did pretty well. We spent the week in between in Hilton Head~post later on that.

The sad news of the week was this DUI crash. The mom~Bethany Griffin~was an internet friend of mine from my Gymboree/Ebay chat group. We had just spoken about trading some outfits as our girls were close in sizes. She had just emailed us all a pic of Vadie's new nursery the week before Christmas. She and I bonded over our political views~she had 2 dogs named George and Laura so you can draw your own conclusions there! Bethany had been thru a tough divorce but had just remarried and had Vadie with her new husband Danny. She was a great person to do business with, always adding socks or hair stuff to an outfit as a freebie which is a big deal in the Gymbo~world. She will be missed in our group and by her family. Also killed in the crash was her 10 yr old daughter Haley, 8 yr old daughter Lacie, 8 week old daughter Vadie, and 10 yr old step-daughter Jordan. Surviving the crash was her husband Danny, son Beau, and step daughter Sidney. Bethany's oldest son Brett was not with them at the time. You can visit the memorial website here.

Please keep them in your prayers. I know it's so over-said but please don't let someone drive drunk. This guy was so wasted that employees at Taco Bell noticed and tried to stop him. His family was with him when he was drinking and didn't stop him from leaving.

7 comments:

Tamara said...

How Horrible! I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend and her family. Unimaginable.

Carol said...

weeping over the ignorance of this...

Mommy Brain said...

How sad! I'm just so disturbed and sad. It's so wrong.

mommy to an angel said...

What a horrible tragedy that could have been prevented. Something like this makes you look at your own life and realize that it ain't half bad! Nothing I've had in my life compares to this tragedy.
So sorry for the loss.

Thoughts and prayers

Anonymous said...

I just can't get this off my mind. What a horrible tragedy! Nothing can compare to losing a family this way. I've been praying for all involved.

Leenie said...

It makes me so upset that this could have been prevented. Shame on the man who drove drunk.

Ann(ie) said...

That is beyond tragic and horrific. 2nd story like this I've read recently. I'm so sorry for your loss, darlin. ;(