Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Lovin'

I have a love/hate relationship with summer. After a cold and gray Midwestern winter, I love to ditch the over-bundled look. I love to go grocery shopping without pushing my cart through a layer of sludge. I love to not have to wear make-up to avoid the pasty white girl look. I love not getting everyone up and out the door by 7:30. I love not having to wash lunch boxes every night.

I hate being hot and sweaty. I hate chasing wayward children three different directions. I hate breaking up 372 cat fights per day. Most of all, I hate being the only entertainment source other than the Fresh Beat Band.

I don't dislike my kids. . . .well, most days. I don't hate being a SAHM. I think what alot of what I actually hate, is the loss of privacy and quiet time. I need my space and peace to maintain some sense of equilibrium. I need to be able to complete a thought, a meal, or even a trip to the loo without 46 questions. I think that is part of why I have started running. It's is my own little world. . .only I'm hot and sweaty and there are no cocktails there.

3 comments:

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

"I think what alot of what I actually hate, is the loss of privacy and quiet time. I need my space and peace to maintain some sense of equilibrium." Oh, girl, you hit it right on the head!

Glad you found an outlet that helps. Happy running to you! (In the meantime, I will be running only to my hubby as he comes in the door with my pizza craving!;)

Mommy Brain said...

That is precisely why I wake up at 6am every morning...and I don't let anyone come downstairs until 7...I need the quiet time...the alone time...time to do whatever I want