Sunday, May 13, 2007

All About Caroline

In honor of Mother's Day (and b/c Caroline was reading this over my shoulder) I decided to do this post for her. Amamda did one for Luke so here's my tribute to my firstborn!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes, with the precision of a space shuttle launch.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Me- total excitement. Tim-on a cell phone "I'm pregnant!" "You're baking?" "I'm pregnant!" "You're baking?" "Never mind."

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No, never

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
25 (26 when she was born)

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I was on fertility meds but had had a lot of hoping and disappointment. I was seeing the doc weekly to monitor the meds. She did a PG test when I was one day late and it was negative. So I went home to mope for the week. By Thanksgiving Day I still didn't have Aunt Flo so I took another test and it was positive.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Tim and then my mom.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
I did but Tim didn't. So we didn't find out.

9. DUE DATE:
July 30, 1998

10. DID YOU DELIVER EARLY OR LATE?
Late - Aug 6 1998

11. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
All. Day. Long.

12. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Tombstone pizza and hot dogs with ketchup and onion.

13. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
I feel terrible for saying this as she's was only here to irritate my with one of my four pregnancies, but my mom drove me CRAZY! :-) Right now I wish she was here to drive me loony again.

14. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Girl

15. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
I don't now but then I really wanted a boy. I had images of the first born son, big brother, yadda yadda yadda

16. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
About 30-35. Same amount with each kid no matter what I do!

17. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes

18. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew about it and forbid the playing of games. I hate games. :-)

19. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Not with Caroline.

20.WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Chicago Heights IL

21. HOW MAY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Induced~Started the Pitocin at 11 pm and starting pushing around noon the next day. She was born at 1:04 pm.

22.WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Tim

23.WHO WATCHED?
Tim, my sister Kim, OB and 2 nurses.

24.WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
vaginal~nothing "natural" about a baby coming out there :-)

25.DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
an epidural from Dr Angela Scott. Almost named Caroline Angela.

26.HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7 pounds, 10 ounces

27.DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
Her body temp wouldn't stabilize so I didn't get to keep her in the room til she was about 8 hours old.

28.WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Caroline Rebekah

29. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
8, she will be 9 in August.

1 comment:

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

I love reading about this stuff. I want follow-ups on your other girls! :o)