- I do not hate Barack Obama. I find the Facebook "joke" about praying for his death rather annoying. Pres Obama seems to be a good guy with a true conviction that his policies and ideas are right for the American people. I admire that in a guy especially after the Clinton years which seemed to be more about power and sex than serving the American people.
- I do not love all Republicans. Lots of them are big . . . .doo doo heads.
- I am frustrated by the church's political division. Some churches openly campaign for candidates on both sides and I don't agree with that. I don't recall Jesus declaring a political affiliation.
- Faith and politics are not independent of each other. Many people take Jesus's command to serve the poor as a reason to vote Dem. Others take the belief in the sanctity of life as a reason to vote Rep.
- I love a good discussion with a liberal who has a well thought out point of view. I can respect that and even agree with some of their points. However, I can not take a discussion with someone who votes Dem b/c Daddy was in the union or because of race or because Oprah said too.
- The flip side of that point is please respect me a thinking person who is not an intolerant racist war monger.
- Know about your candidates. Many people know more about Yo Gabba Gabba or Tiger Wood's sex life than they do about who is running for school board or county council in their own district.
The Best Enchilada Sauce Recipe
4 days ago