Sunday, June 18, 2006

Amelia--isms


Part of my reasoning to start a blog was to provide myself with a written memory of all the cute and not-so-cute things my girls do. So in honor of my crazy middle girl, here are some of her very interesting patterns of speech.

emma-lade~lemonade

pocket polly~polly pockets

cakecup~cupcake. Her winter coat this year had a cupcake print on the lining so she always wanted to wear her "cakecup coat"

mum-sic twuck~the ice cream truck. We have convinced her that the ice cream truck is just a truck that drives around playing music for all to enjoy. Do not blow our cover.

koo-koo~Clifford the big red dog who is on 24-7 at our house.

goinky~her blanket. She is perfectly capable of saying "blanket" when pushed but much prefers "goinky"

She has many more but those are my favorites. She is getting to the point that Tim and I can understand about 90% of what she says and regular folks get about 60%. I think that's average for almost 3?

Thanks for listening to my brief moment of mushiness. Now back to real-life. . .

1 comment:

Josh Leo said...

I like amelia-speak... Any idea how she got on the whole saying things backwards like cakecup?