Seriously. Like crazy love. Like I am still wearing leggings with big sweaters. Oh yeah, that's cool again. VH1 is running another totally rad show to feed my obsessions with both the 80s and organzied lists~The Top 100 Songs of the 80s. I am only thru 34 so DO NOT RUIN it if you know them all. I have it all TiVo'd and need to catch up.
A family friend who is a big music junkie once told me there was "no good music made after 1972" I find that wrong on so many levels~the biggest of which is I was born in 1972 and I did not ruin the music scene. I have thought about his statement and have modified it a bit. I think most people name their favorite music as what was popular when they were teenagers. Now I'm a big fan of what the kids are listening to today but I will always hold the 80s were the best. My parents thought the 60s were the best. And on and on.
So my QOTD is what are YOUR Top Ten of the 80's? Here's mine. I think. I may add more. Offensive and controversial as they may be. . .
10. Livin on a Prayer~Bon Jovi
9. Only in My Dreams~Debbie Gibson
8. Personal Jesus~Depeche Mode
7. It Takes Two~Rob Bass and DJ EZ Rock
6. Pour Some Sugar On Me~Def Leppard
5. Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For~U2
4. Every Rose Has It's Thorn~Poison
3. Material Girl~Madonna
2. Pride (In the Name of Love)-U2
1. Paradise City~Guns N Roses
Skinnytaste Dinner Plan (Week 84)
1 day ago