Ask any of my friends and they will tell you Pregnant Jen is obessessed with baby names. I have spent about 80% of the time of each pregnancy fretting over what to name the baby. I owe every baby name book on the planet. I am on a 9 month quest for the absolute prefect name.
I have always said some of this obessesion comes from the fact that I hate my name. Always have. I was one of a zillion Jennys so when Aunt Barb changed it to "Jenni" to separate me from her daughter "Jenny" I was so happy to be different. As an adult I still hate that whenever I call someone I always have to say my last name. I think of "Jennifer" as the ultimate bimbo name. I wanted to be a lawyer but "Jennifer" didn't have the same classic cool as "Katherine" or "Margaret" I also hate that my name screams "I WAS BORN IN THE 70's!"
So now that you know how much I hate my name, you can help name the baby. Baby Girl that is. Baby Boy has had a name since Amelia that will be used in the event of outdoor plumbing. Baby Girl is running out of options. We are looking for something classic and pretty. Timeless is good. A perfect example of a name we love is Abigail. But it is way too popular. Here's some other ground rules, so to speak.
1. At least 2 syllables. This is Tim's rule.
2. No repeat intials of what we have. So no C, A, or G. EXCEPTION if it is a different sound. Like "CH" instead of hard "C".
3. Nothing ending in "a"
4. Can't be in the top 50. This used to be 100 but beggars can't be choosy.
5. No "L" names. Sounds stupid with our last name.
6. No unisex names. This is also Tim's rule.
So have it! Give us some suggestions and maybe you'll come up with the winner!